what you need to know
about Laser Therapy
What is Laser Therapy?
Both acute and chronic injuries respond well to the DIOWAVE Deep Penetrating Laser Therapy™ treatment. Inflammation and swelling are quickly reduced to allow a greater range of motion in the affected area. This helps to regain activity and mobility while reducing scar tissue and adhesions which can slow recovery and healing. Sick and injured tissues are restored to optimal strength and vitality, providing greater functionality and preventing re-injury.
How does it work?
When the photons of laser light penetrate the skin and underlying tissue, they are absorbed by the cells, and converted into energy. The cell membrane permeability is altered, which triggers a cascade of cellular events including:
- Stimulation of ATP
- Stimulation of respiratory chain
- Increased DNA and RNA synthesis
- Increased levels of beta endorphins and serotonin
- Enhanced collagen synthesis
What are the benefits?
With this advanced technology we are able to treat difficult conditions more quickly and effectively. Many patients show signs of improvement within the first or second treatment!
- Quickly reduces pain, inflammation and swelling
- Helps to regain activity and mobility
- Reduces scar tissue and adhesions
- Restores optimal strength and vitality to sick and injured tissues
- Provides greater functionality and prevents re-injury
Is it painful?
There is no pain associated with a treatment. Most patients notice a warm, often soothing feeling. Many patients also experience reduced muscle tension and tightness, reduced inflammation and improved range of motion.
Is it safe?
Laser Therapy has been in use for over thirty years around the world. There have been almost no side effects reported. Occasionally some old injuries or pain syndromes may feel aggravated for a few days, as the healing response becomes more active after a treatment.