Cucumber Ginger Smoothie
Begin your day with a light, energizing smoothie. Packed with nutrients, this plant-based recipe is nothing but good for you- and delicious too!
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/4 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and seeds removed
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 dashes fine sea salt, to taste
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Add ingredients to high-speed blender in the order they are listed.
- Begin blending on low and increase to highest speed.
- Blend at high for approximately 35 seconds. (Use tamper if necessary to ensure even blending)
Sweet Potato Fries
You can leave the guilt behind as you indulge in these crisp, flavor packed sweet potato fries. An addicting side dish that is baked to perfection.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into fries (or the equivalent of frozen)
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine sweet potato with oil and spices. Toss to evenly coat and place in a single row on a baking tray.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until sweet potato fries are tender. Halfway through baking, give it a good toss so all sides of your fries end up crispy.
This high protein oatmeal recipe incorporates eggs to increase the protein while still keeping the usual oatmeal texture, and ground flaxseed adds some healthy fat to the mix! For a more filling breakfast, enjoy topped with berries, nuts, seeds, additional banana- whatever you like!
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- Mix all ingredients together in a pot on the stove; turn to medium high heat.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until mixture reaches normal oatmeal consistency and the eggs are no longer runny. This will take about 5 minutes.
Tomato and Hummus Toast
A quick, we’re talking five minutes or less, recipe that will leave you wanting more. Add variety to your snacking with creamy hummus and juicy tomatoes. A satisfying and healthy option that will add a little protein to your day.
- 4 slices of sprouted grain bread*
- 1 large ripe tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons hummus
- salt and pepper, to taste
- small basil leaves, to garnish
* I used Ezekiel sprouted grain bread with sesame seeds. Sourdough would be nice as well.
- Toast bread
- Spread the hummus evenly onto each piece of bread.
- Top with 1-2 slices of tomato.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with basil leaves to taste.
A healthy alternative to your favorite potato chip. Zucchini chips are an effortless, three ingredient, recipe that are just the right amount of crispy. Curb your salt cravings with the snack that both you and your kids will love!
- 3-4 medium zucchini, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Slice the zucchini into thin rounds using a sharp knife or a mandolin.
- Lay them in one layer on a baking paper-lined baking tray.
- Sprinkle a little sea salt.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 30 minutes until they start to brown.