Peanut Butter Granola Bars Recipe , The perfect healthy and stress-free snack for road trips, school lunches, busy days, or even Netflix nights. To top it off, you probably won’t have to go further than your cupboard to make these delicious granola bars.
- 1 1/2 cups packed (~32 dates) dates, pitted (soak in warm water for 10 min if not sticky and moist)
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (creamy, salted is best, but most any kind will do)*
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (GF for gluten free eaters)
If your dates are not sticky and moist, soak in warm water for 10 minutes and then drain. Otherwise, proceed to step 2.
- Add dates to a food processor and pulse until only small bits remain – it will likely clump into a ball – that’s what you want. If any big pieces remain, use a knife or spatula to push them down, then turn the machine back on to pulse.
- Add peanut butter and oats and pulse a few more times until incorporated, stirring and scraping down sides as needed. If you prefer denser bars, add more oats.
- Transfer to a parchment-lined 8×8 dish and press down until flat, OR scoop out 1 Tbsp amounts and roll into a ball and place on a baking sheet or plate. Transfer to freezer to set.
- If making bars, slice into 8-10 bars and store in the fridge or freezer to keep fresh. They can be a little flimsy at room temp, so be gentle with how you stack them.
- Will keep in the fridge for several weeks, and in the freezer for up to a couple months or more.
*If your peanut butter isn’t salted, consider adding 1/4 tsp sea salt.
Author: Minimalist Baker