What you need to know about scoliosis
At Integrated Wellness, we utilize the Spinecor brace, a revolutionary new concept in the treatment of scoliosis. Past scoliosis braces utilized rigid structures to physically apply pressure to the spine and force it back into a more normal position. The Spinecor brace is completely different; it is not rigid and does not force the spine to move. Spinecor Scoliosis Brace is the first and only truly dynamic brace, which provides a progressive correction of Idiopathic Scoliosis from 15 degree Cobb angles and above. The Spinecor brace allows for proprioceptive input, which is an integral component in neuromuscular reeducation. Spinecor also provides relief from muscular strain due to chronic postural changes and provides relief of chronic pain. Spinecor has shown to be effective in 89% of cases (either by stabilization or improvement in (Cobb) angle of the curve). Clinical experience to date also shows better compliance and cosmetic results.
- A treatment approach based on the latest understanding of the cause and progression factors of Idiopathic scoliosis.
- A much more acceptable treatment to patients. It is cooler to wear, less restrictive, more easily concealed under clothing and requires only 4 hours of out of brace time per day.
- No side effects. Rigid braces cause muscle atrophy and can be harmful to normal development in a growing child.
- Excellent treatment results, particularly when treatment is started early.
- Excellent stability of treatment results post bracing.
- Neuromuscular integration for maintenance of improved posture.
- Potential to reduce incidence of surgical intervention.
In just a couple of months her 14 degree scoliosis was gone!